By eating fast foods, are we unwittingly ingesting contraceptives and various chemicals with terrible side effects?
Our purpose for bringing you this information is summarized in this Scripture.
NKJ 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
About 25 years ago, some friends (who were also on our SKM mailing lists) had an experience at one of the most popular fast-food burger places in America. They had gone through the drive-thru and obtained their burgers, fries and soft drinks.
Approximately six months later, they discovered that one of the burgers had slipped under the front seat. They unwrapped it and inspected it closely. Except for the temperature, the burger, bun, etc. looked like it had just come out from the drive-thru window.
In other words, no bugs or other scavengers had dared to “feast” on the “food.” After hearing of their experience, I determined that I would never eat at that chain again, even if I do “deserve a break today.” Over the years I have expanded the list of fast food places which I eschew (no pun intended) to nearly all of them. In my subjective opinion, I feel that it was a great move for my health.
Now comes more lab-tested reasons why it was the right move for me, and we present it to you for your own discernment and consideration. We found out about this initially from an article which was published online on October 11, 2023 in the Epoch Times. QUOTE:
Animal Antibiotics, Contraceptive Detected in Top 10 Popular Fast Foods: Report
Two types of animal antibiotics and an animal contraceptive have been detected in food samples from America’s top 10 most popular fast-food chains. END QUOTE
Here is the story as it appeared in the Epoch Times, but which has been completely archived at this link.
The news story was based upon the findings of laboratory tests from samples submitted by Moms Across America (MAA). They published their results in a news release from which we excerpt the following:
QUOTE: Moms Across America asserts we are paying a high price to eat toxic food no matter how cheap the meal costs.
Summary of Test Results
- Three veterinary drugs and hormones were found in ten fast food samples tested.
- One sample from Chick-fil-A contained a contraceptive and antiparasitic called Nicarbazin, which has been prohibited.
- Six out of ten, or 60%, of the fast food samples contained antibiotic Monesin, which is not approved by the FDA for human use and has been shown to cause severe harm when consumed by humans.
- Four out of ten, 40% of the samples contained antibiotic Narasin, which has been shown, in animal studies, to cause anorexia, diarrhea, dyspnea, depression, ataxia, recumbency, and death and pathologically by degeneration, necrosis, and repair of heart and skeletal muscles.
- Monensin and Narasin are antibiotic Ionophores; toxic to horses and dogs at extremely low levels, leaving their hind legs dysfunctional.
- Ionophores cause weight gain in beef and dairy cattle and are therefore widely used but also “cause acute cardiac rhabdomyocyte degeneration and necrosis.”
- For many years, ionophores have also been used to control coccidiosis in poultry. However, misuse of ionophores can cause toxicity with significant clinical symptoms. Studies show that ionophore toxicity mainly affects myocardial and skeletal muscle cells.
- Only Chipotle and Subway had no detectable levels of veterinary drugs and hormones. END QUOTE
I have my own reasons for not patronizing Chipotle and Subway, but we shall not detour there today. The news release from MAA went on to report on “Side Effects of Chemicals Detected in Popular Fast Food.”
The MAA news release has the lab report with all the results including charts of which fast food outlets were tested for which substances. The report names all the fast food purveyors and their specific results. Here is the link to the MAA story.